[filmscanners] Re: vuescan

It's certainly more stable, and better able to control results, than the
Polacolor that
came with my Sprintscan 120. The thing I hate about it is that it needs to hold
the entire
image in memory to do corrections - not a big deal for 35mm, but for 6 x 9 -
This + its
base allocation = 800+mb, more than I can physically install in my poor beige
G3 (max 3 x
256 = 768mb). (and I get really weird distorion when I turn VM on).

Also, at least for the Polaroid, getting it set up to preview different 120
formats
correctly was a pain.

It does seem to be somewhat slower.