[filmscanners] Re: Color Misregistration (Especially PolaroidSprintscan 120)

"Arthur Entlich" <artistic-1@shaw.ca> wrote:

The reason for this is simple, it does indeed over double the scan time
from 1:30 to 3:25 min.  The reason it seems less is because the dICE
process so slows the process (1:30 to 3:40) that the superfine mode
doesn't seem to make a big difference between the regular scan with dICE
and the super fine mode with dICE (3:40 to 4:30).  The dICE process goes
on in the background while the scanner is slowed down for the superfine
scan mode.
<<<<<<<<<<<<<

That makes sense. It's clear that something's going on in parallel. That
means it's surprising that dICE slows down normal scan so much. Oops, no its
not. Presumably there's only one row of IR sensors, so the dICE time should
be about the same as superfine mode.

> You also obviously have a quite fast computer based on these numbers.

Yes. 2.2 GHz. Although it's "only" 1GB, and it's maxed out at that. Works OK
for 645 48-bit images, but I suspect that 6x9 would be seriously painful.
(Picture Window Pro crashed when I tried to do a 6x6 scan at 48-bits.)

David J. Littleboy
davidjl@gol.com
Tokyo, Japan