[filmscanners] RE: FilmGet FS103

Caro Alessandro:

I am a proudly user of the Canon fs 4000, and have tested vuescan and
filmget 1.03
After upgrading to 1.03 filmget I only tested vuescan two or three times.

For new negatives and slide film I use the Canon software. My workflow is
scnning at 2000 dpi all the shots of the roll, FARE at medium set, and then
the usual adjustments in photoshop: crop, levels and usm. It take 3 minutes
per frame. I manage the twain softsare trough twbatch. a free sofware that
saves the files to disk in tiff format, saving memory.

Scannig all the shots at 4000 dpi is very slow with my computer (around
13-15 min each).

Color correction is usually very good with filmget, and I print the best
shots with Fuji Frontier at a good lab, here in Buenos Aires.

The quality of copies, at 15x21(6"x9") and 20x30 (8x12) is excelent.

For exhibition prints, I rescanned at 4000 dpi to print at 30x 45 cm
(12x18")

Vuescan proved a very good software with old slides where the "restore
fading" recover the original colors. In normal work vuescan is very slow.

I downlownded the last upgrade and I will give another chance to vuescan in
the next roll fo negatives.

Best regards

Jorge Talkowski
talko@pinos.com