[filmscanners] Re: Any experience with Epson 2450?

>Hello Larry,
>I'm guessing you're the "City of LA" Larry???  This is Brad Smith.  Small
>World, isn't it?

Looks like there's a group of us in LA.....

I bought the Epson 2450 yesterday and will send in a report in a day or so re
scanning my 120-645 transparencies!   Also did a price check around the city
and couldn't find one cheaper than the street list price ($399 US) although
they are cheaper on internet sources.

I will not be scanning 35mm however since I have a dedicated 35mm film scanner,
the Minolta Scan Elite, that I love for these.

BTW, there is a good set of informative consumer reviews of the 2450 on cnet at
http://computers.cnet.com/hardware/0-2295735-418-7312866.html?pn=1&lb=0&ob=0&tag=st.co.2295735.top.7312866-1

--
Sara Jane Boyers
sjzb@earthlink.net
http://www.teenpowerpolitics.com
TEEN POWER POLITICS: MAKE YOURSELF HEARD
         A Millbrook Press/Twenty-First Century Book
         VOYA's Nonfiction Honor List
         BankStreet "Best Books of 2001"
         NYPL 2001 Books for the Teen Age
         ISBN: 0-7613-1391-5, paper $9.95/ISBN 0-7613-1307-9 hardcover, $24.90
         Email me if you'd like to be on my newsletter update list!
LIFE DOESN'T FRIGHTEN ME   Stewart, Tabori & Chang
         A Publisher's Weekly "Best Book" of the Year, NYPL "Best Books for
         Teens", ALA "Book for Reluctant Readers", AIGA "50 Best Designed
        Books"
O BEAUTIFUL FOR SPACIOUS SKIES  Chronicle Books