[filmscanners] RE: Which SCSI Card for SS4000

Hi Tom,

> ...my SCSI card is device 7 (the maximum) thus
> auto termination is working.

You know that device ID number and auto termination aren't linked at all.
The SCSI device ID can be anything, the order only matters for boot if you
don't specify a specific device to boot from...at least that's true with
most SCSI BIOS's.

> The termination switch on the SS4000 was
> set to OFF previously and, of course, now it still is.

Perfect...

> With the
> exception of
> the flatbed scanner, all the other devices have been up and running since
> last Christmas and there haven't been any problems.  Adding the flatbed
> scanner was simple and everything else still works.

Check that the flatbed scanner IS terminated.

It's the last PHYSICAL device (not SCSI ID related) that needs
termination...so your HP flatbed should be terminated, as well as what ever
internal device you have that's the last on the chain.  No other devices
should be terminated.  And...just a suggestion, keep the cable lengths equal
on your outside the box devices...if you use a 3' cable from the computer to
the SS4k, use a 3' cable from the SS4k to the flatbed.

Regards,

Austin