[filmscanners] Re: microtek customer service nightmare - UK

Anthony,

I live in Portugal and I had a severe problem with this scanner during
warranty. It has been in my country representative (I saw in the net that
now it is not the same) for several months, and returned to me exactely in
the same condition. I had many trouble during half an year and needed to ask
for help to my consumer rights association to have it replaced. Otherwise,
while I am not an expert, I am very satisfied with the scanner -- the power
button of the second unit does not function since the first or second day
but I plug and unplug in the outlet, because, in my case,  I do not want
even hear the word assistance related with Microtek.

Sorry for these bad news. I sincerely hope that your case runs much better
than mine.

Best regards,

Mario Teixeira
mjteixeira@yahoo.com