[filmscanners] Re: Dynamic range

There's a large number of ways you can write down numbers to define a
range.  There is only one way in common use to express a range in a single
number that is independent of gain and other things that are irrelevant -
as a ratio.

You can express that ratio in a number of ways, dimensionless plain number
or as a log value etc.

Julian