[filmscanners] RE: Scanning with too much resolution? (was: PS sharpening...)

Hi Anthony,

> > I know you say you leave them at the scanned
> > resolutions, but doesn't that put you at the
> > mercy of what ever the browser does, and may
> > degrade your image?
>
> I suppose so, but I'm pretty much at the mercy of the browser and the
> visitor's computer, anyway.

Yes, certainly to some degree.  But, if you have a, say, 4x6 image at 100
DPI, that won't get re-sampled by the browser, providing the window is large
enough to handle 400 x 600 pixels, right???  I'm simply talking about
resolution issues, not tonality.  I completely understand your comments
about tonality, and agree.

> > When I have a "large" image in the browser,
> > a lot of times it re-sizes the image, after
> > it's done loading it...
>
> MSIE certainly does this--it was a while before I realized it was
> doing so,
> and then I turned it off.

Oh!  Where can I turn that off?

Regards,