[filmscanners] Re: OT: Film processing costs (WAS: Re: Prints from scans ...are there reallydifferences any more?)

> Is this a pro lab, or a so-called consumer lab?
>
> I haven't found any non-pro labs that develop 120 here in Paris,
> although there might be some, somewhere.  I certainly wouldn't mind
> getting it developed for ¤3 a pop.

Anthony:

120 is only developed by pro labs here too. In fact, processing
medium and large format film is one of the key definitions of a pro
lab in NJ.

The price, about three bucks a roll, is far lower than in NJ, but
easily found in Manhattan.

But of course, this brings us right back to the thread that some of
us had going on Stockphoto a few weeks ago; how much do we
have to pay for medium format film, processing, and scanning
before those high-end digital systems become practical?

Brian Yarvin
Stockphotos for agencies around the world from Edison, NJ
http://www.brianyarvin.com