[filmscanners] Re: film departing soon

In wet darkroom, "Fibre" or "fiber" refers to papers which do not use
polymers or resin coatings, such as the RC papers.  Fiber papers are
made of paper/rag pulp and then coated with silver halide laden
emulsions, and that's it.  Thiosulfates can ruin the permanence of a
fibre paper image too, so improper rinsing can make a photo as transient
as a bad inkjet print.

It gets a bit trickier with inkjet.  What coatings or emulsions are
acceptable?  What about mordents or sizing?  Is a gelatin coated rag
paper "fibre?  What about one with a water soluble acrylic polymer that
replaces gelatin?

And, fiber or not, if the inks are transient, what good is it that the
paper will last 500 years?

Art