[filmscanners] Re: SS4000+ and focus

Ouch, this concerns me... just before my back went out I upgraded the
firmware, but I didn't do any extensive scanning...

It would not be the first time that Polaroid got a bug in the focusing
system via firmware or software.  Have you reported the results you
found to Polaroid yet?  Or are you waiting to see if someone else
confirms the problem since the firmware upgrade?

The fact that it was fixed (even temporarily) with Polaroid's
suggestion, and then with Vuescan makes it look like firmware...

Unfortunately, I can't get at my scanner (it's a few feet away right
now, but I can't walk around much!) so I can't help.

There are a number of other 4000+ users here, and I know some updated
their firmware.  Just to make sure, which firmware version did you install?

Art