[filmscanners] Re: Switch from Win98SE to XP?

I've owned and maintained quite a few computers with NT4 and Windows 2000
and I feel these NT based OS's are much more stable than 9x-based
systems.  Win2k's UI was (to me) a big improvement over NT4.  I have one
machine running XP now and I intend to upgrade my other machines to it
soon.  It's the most stable so far and also the most flexible in terms of
customizing program and UI settings (e.g., there's no need to keep the
cartoonish look if you don't like it).  Others I know have the same
experience with XP -- very stable.  I haven't upgraded on the machine I
have my scanners attached to yet but probably will soon.  I've had no
compatibility issues with XP so far but I don't run any software that might
cause problems like games that address hardware directly.

Mike Simmons