[filmscanners] RE: Switch from Win98SE to XP?

Adding my 2 cents to this discussion I would like to mention after building
my new system I went through this beginning with Win2k Pro all the way to XP
Pro.
My Win2K crashed completely so that whole system has collapsed (including
even breaking RAID 1 array) after my stupid games with BIOS DRAM settings.
I decided to jump up to this opportunity to move further to XP Pro being
convinced by my friend
(who is experienced programmer and photo amateur and scanner user just like
me).
Initially I was hesitating from the similar reasons mentioned by one of our
fellow listener striving to avoid new, potentially buggy things, but after
consulting with the friend of mine and inquiring several XP Pro and Nikon IV
ED users about NikonScan reliability under XP I made the decision.
The XP seems to run flawlessly so far, the UI is quite convenient although
unusual for previous Win versions user like me.
I run NikonScan though PS7 (as twain appl) frequently using x6 batch scan at
full resolution keeping the images in the memory (have 512 MB) until whole
strip is done and processed in Photoshop - running smoothly so far.

Regards,
Alex Z