[filmscanners] Nikon software on XP

  • To: lexa@www.lexa.ru
  • Subject: [filmscanners] Nikon software on XP
  • From: "Alex Zabrovsky" <alexz@zoran.co.il>
  • Date: Sun, 21 Jul 2002 00:52:08 +0200

Hi.
I intend to install and use NikonScan 3.1.2 in Win XP Pro environment.
I would be glad to hear any experienced you have with their software (mostly
run through PS7 as
TWAIN appl). How stable it is ? Any issues you encountered related to XP -
NS 3.1.2 cooperation ?

After establishing my new machine (Athlon XP 2100+ + 512 MB of Corsair
PC3000C2 memory, 1x2 mirrored RAID built upon 2 60GB Maxtor ATA133 7200 rpm
drives, ...) and working in Win2k environment I had some major HDD-OS issues
(probably due to my stupid continuous play with BIOS
memory settings) which lead to total loss of boot HDD partitions recognition
in Windows and even in DOS.
I the end I gave up and re-created new partitions and formatted my HDDs.
So now I'm ready for new OS install, but just though to take an advantage of
this moment and install Win XP Pro instead of Win2k.
Working two weeks in Win2k the Nikon software proved to be quite stable not
crashing or causing any other problems whatsoever (except of few these
caused apparently by my DRAM settings in BIOS). Now going to new OS I would
be glad to get insured it is OK working at least as stable as in Win2k.

Regards,
Alex Z