[filmscanners] Re: VueScan freezing in OS X

On 7/14/02 2:53 PM, "Alan Harper" <list@alanharper.com> wrote:

> I must say that I have (almost) never had a app freeze up so much that I
> can't change to other apps.
>
> I would look for a USB device, or firewire device, that stops responding,
> or a hard disk that won't wake up. There is a long discussion on
> Macintouch about the problems resulting from Maxtor hard disks that don't
> wake properly. Apple System Profiler will tell you what kind of hard disk
> you have.

I only have one Firewire device (the LS-4000), and only a couple of USB
peripherals (Epson 1280, Wacom tablet).  Two internal hard disks are both
IBM.  But your idea about a wake-from-sleep problem is worth thinking about.
I'll be watching to see if any future freezes are preceded by a sleep.

--
Julian Vrieslander <julianv@mindspring.com>