[filmscanners] Re: Vuescan not finding monitor ICC profile on MacOSX

Julian

Thanks for this answer and for the previous one on the OSX compatability
issue with Vuescan.

I shall create a new profile with Photocal and put the .icc extension at the
end.

Simon

Julian Vrieslander wrote:

On 6/20/02 8:04 PM, "Simon Lamb" <simon@sclamb.com> wrote:

> I just downloaded the latest version of Vuescan (7.5.34).  In the Colour
tab
> I selected 'ICC Profile' in the list of options next to Monitor Colour
> Space.  I then wanted to select my custom monitor profile that I created
> using Photocal and which I named Photocal CPD-G200.  This profile is
stored
> in the System Folder/ColorSync Profiles location.
>
> The problem is that nearly all of the profiles are greyed out and not
> selectable, including my monitor profile.
>
> Has anyone else had this problem, and if so found a way around it?

The profile needs to have a file extension (".icc" or ".icm"), or VueScan
will not let you select it.

Mac OS does not require these extensions, but apparently they are needed in
Windows, and Ed is using a cross-platform color management library.

A word of warning: Mac OS X (which I think you are using) is still a bit
flaky in the way it handles file extensions, especially when you are adding
or deleting them from file names.  I had a custom monitor profile, generated
by Spyder/OptiCAL, with no extension in the file anme.  I added the ".icc"
suffix, and this triggered some sort of corruption in my HD directories.
All my profiles became invisible to the Monitors control panel.
Fortunately, running Disk Utility fixed the damaage.  I generated a new
profile from scratch, using OptiCAL, and gave it a name with the ".icc"
suffix.  This profile was recognized by VueScan.