[filmscanners] Re: Vuescan and Nikon Scan for OS X

There is another "gotcha" for OS X that I have found for some USB
scanners, and may exist for Firewire scanners. If you are running OS 9
("Classic"), the drivers there can interfere with VueScan communicating
with the scanner. Depending on I don't know what, sometimes you have to
reboot if you let OS 9 "see" the scanner. I can't comment in detail,
because life is too short to figure out all the issues--but I have no
problem scanning from VueScan in OS X on a Nikon 4000 when OS 9 is not
running.

=======