[filmscanners] Re: Bug fixes for Minolta DiMAGE Scan Elite II

Nagaraj, Ramesh wrote:

> I planning to buy a used Minolta DiMAGE Scan Elite II . It was purchased on 6
>month
> ago.
> I have one concern.
> Will there be any difference bewteen this 6 month old Minolta DiMAGE Scan
>Elite II  and
> the new ones?

I tried a couple of Minolta Elite IIs, the second one shipped direct from
Minolta to me
in March 2002.  Both had the same deficiencies (CCD issues in the very deep
shadows) and,
from memory, the firmware on both was version 1.0.  I suspect that a 6 month
old unit
would potentially have the same problems and I'm not aware of any firmware
upgrades.

Whether the CCD deficiencies would cause you a problem rather depends on what
you intend
to scan: if you only intend to scan negatives or don't need to get details out
of
underexposed/dense slides, it may meets your needs perfectly well.

Al Bond