[filmscanners] Polaroid - scanner line ends and SS120 glass carrier availabile soon

Two pieces of information gained from a chap at Polaroid digital.

1.  As someone suggested a few days ago, once all remaining stock of the
Sprintscan range are sold there will be no more and production has ceased.
Firmware upgrades will continue to be made available when required.

2.  The glass carrier (a full length carrier the same size as the existing
120 carrier) will be available to order from the end of next week (in the UK
at least, maybe now or sooner in the US) at a retail price of £85 + VAT
(cheap compared to the £300 Nikon carrier).  It will require a firmware
upgrade which will be available on the Polaroid web-site.

I wonder and hope that someone might pick up the scanner line.  I think
Polaroid, very much in the same vein as Apple, have taken the basic Microtek
technology and made a scanner that looks as good as it scans.  You can have
form and function, and it is sad that Polaroid will not be proving that in
the future.

Simon