[filmscanners] Re: Dimage Scan Elite II v/s Nikon Coolscan IV ED

I don't know if you are using a Mac or a PC and I don't know how much
dust and scratching you have to deal with.

If you are using a PC, may I suggest before you sell your Minolta Dimage
II that you consider downloading Polaroid's dust and scratch filter,
which is currently free of charge and try it with the Dimage II.

Personally, I found it very useful with the Dimage II, which is a
scanner which requires a lot of clean up from visible dust and scratches.

Unfortunately, I have had no successful reports of this program working
with a Mac yet, but I think a few people are trying to at least get the
Photoshop Plug-In version to operate.  Polaroid has both a Photoshop
version and a stand alone both from the same archived file, which can be
found at:

http://www.polaroid.com/service/software/poladsr/poladsr.html

I'd be interested in if you find this software good enough to reconsider
your "upgrading" purchase.

Art