[filmscanners] Slide flatness

  • To: lexa@www.lexa.ru
  • Subject: [filmscanners] Slide flatness
  • From: "" <al@greenspace.freeserve.co.uk>
  • Date: Wed, 22 May 2002 23:05:52 +0100

Most of my slides have been through a projector and have "popped" in the
process.  I
assume that they never go back quite as flat.  Is this right?

I'm still toying with getting a Coolscan 4000 and I wonder whether this might
take the
plane of the film outside the DOF of the scanner.  Anyone had any experience of
whether
there is a difference in scanning slides before and after projection?

I guess the ideal workflow would be to scan newly processed slides before
projection (or
glass-mount them which I'd rather not do).

Al Bond