[filmscanners] Re: Vuescan in-program viewer

On 5/19/02 4:00 PM, "Håkon T Sønderland" <hts@antares.no> wrote:

> I'm using Vuescan (latest version) with my Nikon LS-30.
> Platform is Windows 2000 sp2, 1Gb DDRRAM, lots of U-160 SCSI disks.
> Videocard is Matrox Mill. 450 32mb.
>
> When I preview or scan with Vuescan the internal viewer
> shows a very pixelated (is that the word?) view of the
> scan.  In an external program (I use Paintshop Pro or
> Photoshop LE) it looks fine.
>
> I just wonder if this is normal?  I seem to remember that
> (some time ago) this wasn't the case.

Try setting Prefs > Min Dimension to a higher number.  I typically have it
set to about 1000.  But note the explanation in the User Guide

"This option specifies the minimum width and height of the displayed data.
The larger this number, the more you can zoom into an image with the Zoom In
/ Zoom Out buttons. However, the smaller this number, the faster the display
will update when you change options that affect the display. The default
value of this option is a good tradeoff between resolution and speed."

--
Julian Vrieslander <julianv@mindspring.com>