éÎ×ÅÓÔÉÃÉÏÎÎÙÅ ÐÒÏÅËÔÙ ëÕÂÁÎÉ

[filmscanners] vuescan problem

  • To: lexa@www.lexa.ru
  • Subject: [filmscanners] vuescan problem
  • From: "John Matturri" <jmatturr@earthlink.net>
  • Date: Fri, 17 May 2002 14:25:01 -0400

Ever since I started to scan color negatives with vuescan
(on SS4000) I periodically get scans that differ greatly
from the preview. Usually with a much narrower range of
values and odd casts, often a bright, almost solarized blue
cast in white highlights and more recently an overall green
cast. This makes batch scanning impossible because somewhere
in the strip the scans eventually start having these
properties. The only way to get rid of this behavior is to
close down the program and rescan. I've raised the problem
with Ed once or twice over the past few years but never got
a solution. Except for these cases I like the scans I am
getting so I put up with this but it is frustrating and
time-wasting.

Anyone else have this problem, or even better, have a
solution to it.

--
John Matturri
words and images: http://home.earthlink.net/~jmatturr/