[filmscanners] Re: 3 year wait

Laurie Solomon wrote:

> >the 6K unit is one of the 3" ones
>
> Did you mean the 5000s unit or the HR6000 unit which, I was lead to believe,
> now comes with a 7" CRT just like the 7000 and 8000, although its earlier
> versions may well have had a 3" CRT.

I think there is no chance of that having happened.  I had
a HR6000, and it's a 3" tube one.  A 7" tube (plus it's
coils, etc) probably wouldn't even fit into a HR6000's
case -- and the camera would have to be a completely different
one because the lens would likely have to be different to focus
the different sized image properly (they are fix-focus).

Have you seen a HR6000 that was the size of the 7000/8000?  The
HR6000 looks identical to a 5000 or 5000s excepting for the
model label and is maybe one third the volume of the 7000. Not
even close!

Mike K.