[filmscanners] RE: 3 year wait

>the 6K unit is one of the 3" ones

Did you mean the 5000s unit or the HR6000 unit which, I was lead to believe,
now comes with a 7" CRT just like the 7000 and 8000, although its earlier
versions may well have had a 3" CRT.

>Most web searching results in just a few dealer sites, and
>although they should know what they're doing, they're not entirely
>unbiased sources of information (particularly toward Polaroid who's
>financial situation probably hasn't thrilled their dealers much).

You got that right.  The one I spoke with was very concerned about the
Polaroid situation and what it meant in terms of future servicing and
upgrading of Polaroid products.  He said that they were considering entering
the servicing and repair of Polariod recorders should Polaroid or those that
might acquire the film recorder assets decide to drop the line.