[filmscanners] Re: Re:Computer size(New Topic)

Laurie writes:

> I know of no PC motherboard that will support
> that much RAM even if one could aford to buy it.

That's why I said "if you can afford AND CONFIGURE."

My own motherboard is limited to 1.5 GB (and that's what I installed).
Windows XP Home Edition is limited to 2 GB (a marketing-imposed crippling of
the OS, not a technical constraint).  Windows XP Pro is limited to 4 GB
(partially a technical constraint, inherited from NT and also partially
related to Intel hardware).