[filmscanners] Re: Nikon LS4000 Depth of field

Dickbo wrote:

> I might also point out that comparing the Nikon scanner with the Polaroid
> Sprintscan 120 is utter nonsense because in the UK a typical asking price
> for the Nikon is £1299.00 while for the Polaroid it is £2,899.00
>
> I would suggest that it is easier and cheaper to put glass around a film
> image than it is to fork out the additional £1,600 not to have to so do.

I must have missed a post somewhere - I don't recall this comparison being
mentioned but it
would certainly be an odd one given that the SS120 is an MF scanner!  It would
be more
sensible to the compare the SS4000Plus (or the Microtek 4000tf) to the LS4000.
Given that
the I've seen the 4000tf priced at around £800, the arguament then becomes why
fork out an
additional £400+ and still have to put glass around the film.........

Al Bond