From: "Arthur Entlich" <artistic-1@shaw.ca>
To: <dickbo@btopenworld.com>
Sent: Thursday, April 25, 2002 1:37 PM
Subject: [filmscanners] Re: Nikon LS4000 Depth of field

dickbo wrote:

> Just mount in glass and the problem ceases to exist, not only that your
> originals are better protected.

Most, if not all, photo archivists will tell you today that glass
mounting of slides is considered to accelerate aging due to chemical
off-gassing getting trapped between the glass and slide.  Also, the risk
of fungal growth or other moisture related problems are higher with
glass mounted slides.

You are correct that they are better protected from handling errors.

Art