[filmscanners] Re: Profiles

Michael writes:

> I remember Adobe's Chris Cox commenting on
> sRGB being represenative of "cheap" monitors.

As I recall, sRGB was largely based on NTSC gamut, which is indeed pretty
"cheap" compared to what good monitors are capable of displaying.  sRGB was
sort of a lowest common denominator.

> Why convert your archived scan to anything?

You don't have to convert it, but you should prepare it in an identified
color space and store that information in the archived image, so that anyone
retrieving it later can get the colors as you left them.