[filmscanners] Re: My Public Apology

TonySleep@halftone.co.uk wrote:

> Wonderful. I feel better now. I got laughed at the other day for admitting
> elsewhere that I use a roofer's T-square for cutting up mount board and
> occasionally prints. Dirt cheap painted steel from a builder's merchant and
> about 18" X 24"

I've been doing professional matting for years with the help of a carpenter's
square. I
applied strips of self-adhering rubber stair tread material to both sides of
the square to
keep it from scooting around when I'm cutting, and it has always worked
beautifully. (That
rough textured rubber stair tread material is great for lots of uses; I always
browse
hardware store aisles looking for materials to use solving problems in
unconventional
ways.) So let them laugh, Tony.

Rodger Kingston