[filmscanners] RE: Panoramic neg support on Minolta SMP withVs

> I'm waiting for Ed's answer to my query about using VueScan and a modified
> 35mm filmstrip holder. What I propose to do is remove one frame divider,
in
> the middle, and file notches in the bottom to replicate those on the
> medium-format holder. I don't doubt that it will work with the Minolta
> software, but wonder about VueScan. Since the filmstrip holders are only
$54
> and glassless, this will be worthwhile if it works. Maybe I'll go so far
as
> to move the divider to the correct position rather than just removing it.
>
> Denis

Hi Denis
Sorry to disturb you again.

Did Ed answer you on this topic?

Denis: No answer through the list, and I've been busy and have yet to
contact him otherwise.

Strangely, it's very difficult here in Paris to find a reseller who a
has a multi pro for demo... They're all going to Nikon. You might have made
for yourself  what should be  my "final test" before spending 3000$ for my
own unit:

Using Vuescan, have you tryed moving the 35mm negs holder on 65mm lenght?
(I'm a Vuescan user, and also plan to cannibalize a 35mm neg holder in order
to scan three 24x65 negs).

What do you think about the strip flatness on holders without any plastic
frame dividers? (Thinking to my workflow, I'd like to remove ALL dividers).

Denis: I have not yet tried the modification, but it appears that the holder
is capable of pretty good flatness even with the crossbars removed. My plN,
though, is to just remove one.

Hope you get in your island the same wonderful spring we have in Paris.

Regards.
Didier

---