[filmscanners] Re: Difficult scan problem

I have a difficult scan problem : (

The negs are taken through a microscope and are of rocks. Some or every second
one has been
lit by fluorescence light source and the base colour comes out a golden yellow
and the other
colours are sort of fluro greens, greens to blacks.

When the scans are done either in Nikon Scan or Vuescan they come out towards
magenta
tones. Having tried to reverse this with the controls in either programme there
is
insufficient range and look yuck. I use auto exposure auto balance then try to
re-balance
with the control panel before the scan.

I have been correcting them in PS but don't seem to replicate a tranny image of
the subject
matter. ( if tranny film is used in place of neg film).  Its like chasing my
tail around
either way.

I have suggested that tranny film is used in place of neg material but
photographic prints
are some times required.

Can anyone suggest another technique that will give me a closer colour scan
than what I'm
getting now.

Thanks
Rob