From: "Titus Tucan" <titust@sympatico.ca>
To: <kingphoto@mindspring.com>
Sent: Sunday, April 14, 2002 10:21 AM
Subject: [filmscanners] What would be the best for printing 20x30 or 30x40 ?

Hi,

Now that I have a beautiful scan of my 6x4.5 from the Nikon 8000 at 4000dpi
I would like to find the best way of printing it large.
After my cropping, at final size 20x30 I got a resolution of 275dpi.
I went to my local photo shop and the only thing they can provide is a Kodak
large format inkjet printer, unfortunately the inks are not archival inks.
They told me that by laminating it with a foil of plastic it would resist a
few years. I said No.
I took the yellow pages and started to call different other shops to find
out what other technologies exist for this size.
I found the following:
Epson large format inkjet (no archival inks)
Durst Ipsilon ??? I have no idea what technology is this.
Laser image recreation, printed on photo paper ???

I was wondering what are the different technologies to print at this
resolution (around 300dpi at final size 20x30 or 30x40) with best results
and to last.
Also what are the pros and cons of each technology?

Thanks a lot,

Titus

or body