[filmscanners] Re: GRAIN/ICE SHOWDOWN: Nikon LS8000 vs.MinoltaScanMulti Pro!

----- Original Message -----
From: "Bob Frost" <bob@frost.name>
To: <dickbo@btopenworld.com>
Sent: Wednesday, April 10, 2002 11:05 AM
Subject: [filmscanners] Re: GRAIN/ICE SHOWDOWN: Nikon LS8000
vs.MinoltaScanMulti Pro!

Can someone explain to me how a scanner can diminish things on or in the
film such as scratches and dirt, etc, without diminishing the things in the
film that we wish to keep such as grains of dyes. Unless you resort to
wizardry such as ICE, I can't see how the scanner can distinguish between
the two.

Quite so sir and well said.....are we about to enjoy a period where common
sense rules OK and the product destroyer takes a powder.

I do hope so.