[filmscanners] Re: Is the ICE feature in Scanwit 2740S any good?

Jack Phipps wrote:

> Begin Sales Pitch
> My experience with the Acer2740S, Benq 2740S or the Umax 270 Plus is that it
> has the best price/performance of any film scanner with Digital ICE. I
> really like it. It is very effective at removing surface defects from film
> scans, and you are already familiar with the effectiveness of the Acer
> scanners. The results should be the same, except that in most cases the
> surface defects will be gone!
> End Sales Pitch
>
> Jack Phipps
> Applied Science Fiction

At the current price of the the Benq Scanwit 2740S (on Ebay under $400
US, new) anyone needing a scanner with dICE should consider this a "best
value".  In fact, at that price, it almost might be worth considering as
a second scanner for those "hard to repair with cloning tool" scans, and
it makes a good back-up in case your main squeeze needs repair.

For example, for the price of a Minolta Elite II, you could own a
Minolta Dual II AND a Benq 2740S with dICE.  Weird.

Art