[filmscanners] Re: GRAIN/ICE SHOWDOWN: Nikon LS8000 vs.MinoltaScanMulti Pro!

  • To: lexa@lexa.ru
  • Subject: [filmscanners] Re: GRAIN/ICE SHOWDOWN: Nikon LS8000 vs.MinoltaScanMulti Pro!
  • From: "Arthur Entlich" <artistic-1@shaw.ca>
  • Date: Mon, 08 Apr 2002 02:15:15 -0700

david/lisa soderman wrote:

  I saved one @2000ppi w/no ICE...and one @4000ppi
> w/ICE.

Just to clarify, does that mean we are looking at the non-dICE scan that
was scanned at 2000 dpi on the Nikon samples?

> Meanwhile... any thoughts, comments, questions or suggestions are warmly
> welcome.

I think it is reasonable to contact Minolta about this, and show them
the comparative samples.  Minolta has had a LOT of returns for the
Minolta Dual II and Elite II due to manufacturing problems.

You have a warranty, and I think you need to find out if this is unique
to this one or if the problem is designed into it.

The defocusing test might accomplish something however, as "ridiculous"

as it may seem.  One, it is a possible option to make this unit work,

and might end up the best of all worlds.

Two, it might give you something to show and discuss with Minolta.
And thirdly, it might be adjustable as a permanent fix to the problem
via a factory setting.

Art