[filmscanners] Re: Is the ICE feature in Scanwit 2740S any good?

As I understand dICE, Applied Science Fiction has some requirements for
getting the best possible results from their hardware/software combo,
which they recommend to the manufacturers.

However, there is often a back and forth negotiation that goes on
between ASF and the manufacturer as issues of design and costs get into
the mix, and compromises are made to come up with the best combo of
results and cost considerations.

This means that each implementation is unique, and in part explains the
cost of implementing dICE.

Art