[filmscanners] Re: GRAIN/ICE SHOWDOWN: Nikon LS8000 vs.Minolta ScanMulti Pro!

  • To: lexa@lexa.ru
  • Subject: [filmscanners] Re: GRAIN/ICE SHOWDOWN: Nikon LS8000 vs.Minolta ScanMulti Pro!
  • From: "Moreno Polloni" <mp@dccnet.com>
  • Date: Sun, 7 Apr 2002 17:22:47 -0700

>> I decided to try scanning that same neg that I used the Nikon on.  I was
immediately horrified when I saw the grainy/gritty look...especially on the
faces of people!  Also, there was scads of dust, dirt, debris and scratches
everywhere.  ICE helped, but did not clean it all up.  Also, the
grainy/gritty look was still there.  Any scanning without ICE on this
machine would be a time consuming extravaganza of cleanup.<<

Have you tried scanning negs as positives, then inverting in Photoshop? I'm
not saying this is an ideal solution, but it may help with the grain issues.

My local dealer's experiences with the Minolta are very similar to yours, so
you're not alone.