From: "Simon Lamb" <simon@sclamb.com>
To: <philip.elkin@virgin.net>
Sent: Sunday, April 07, 2002 4:09 PM
Subject: [filmscanners] Re: GRAIN/ICE SHOWDOWN: Nikon
LS8000vs.MinoltaScanMulti Pro!

To be honest David I had some very clean negs that didn't need any real
cleaning so I did not use the IR cleaning under Vuescan.  I have heard
people report varying amounts of success with it though.

ICE is, as you say, impressive.  The major plus for me using Vuescan with
multisampling was the reduction in the pepper grain apparent when scanning
Fuji Provia film.  Someone on another forum has had a response from Fuji
following the submission of some scans and they accept that the Multi Pro is
picking up emulsion flaws and that they will investigate the cause of the
pepper grain being on the emulsion.

Now where is David S.  He got me wondering if I am choosing the best scanner
now and he has gone silent on us ;-)

Simon