[filmscanners] Re: X rays was Digital PIC

Chest X-rays are some of the lowest used on people.  I think they are
even less than an X-ray done for a tooth.  In terms of danger to health,
chest X-rays, due to both the location, and the level of radiation
required, are of quite low risk to adults.

Pilots and flight attendants are probably at some risk due to repeated
exposure.  In terms of film, it is true that background "cosmic"
radiation does slowly degrade film (even at sealevel, and moreso in
upper atmosphere), the difference in amount is very minimal in terms of
film damage between the two altitudes.  It would probably take a year on
film on flights to see any damage.

Art