[filmscanners] Re: X rays was Digital PIC

Shunith Dutt wrote:

> PS: i think i read somewhere... years ago... that one is actually entitled
> to demand a hand search if one's carrying film (IATA regulations?)... not
> sure if it's true or valid now....

The U.S. FAA has such a regulation, (mentioned in your own quoted info
below).  I'd be very interested if anyone knows of a broader regulation
that more countries are signatory to.

Art

Hand Inspection
Note: The FAA provides air travelers in the United States the right to
request a non-X-ray inspection of photosensitive products (FAA Reg.
108.17-AIRPLANE OPERATOR SECURITY). The complete regulation is very
informative, but section Part 108.17e is most important to travelers
carrying film. Click here to go to the FAA Web site: FAA , or to view
that regulation: FAA Reg. 108 . Remember that this only applies to air