[filmscanners] OT: bonehead print res Q

Guys, someone just asked me this, and I can't remember the right
answer, and I'm taking the easy way out and asking here because I
don't have time to search my literature!  Sorry about that, but -
Which is better a printer with 2880x775  resolution, or one with
2400x1200?    I think I'm getting confused by the way the 2nd number
is "mechanical" resolution with flatbed scanners.   Is something
similar true with printers, making the 2880x775 printer the "better"
choice?

Ken Durling

Visit my new easier-to-browse PhotoSIG portfolio:
http://www.photosig.com/browse.php?id=photographer:203