[filmscanners] SV: Scanning 6 x 6 Transparencies

I have a lot of 6x6 and bigger negatives/dias, and do all my scanning on my
Epson perfection 1240 photo(with transparency adapter).

My scans also get an mangenta cast(in the beginning), and every test of
these Epson flatbed scanners confirm this problem.

Now i use Vuescan scanner software because of very good color reproduction
and it is very easy in this software, to control and fix the mangenta
cast.(and a lot of other tings)  Every scan i do, is with a constant minus
in the reds and pluss in the greens.(Its what we do in the "analog"
darkroom).

The result of this constant factor in reds/green, together with VueScan in
"White balance" mode is very god color reproduction without any mangenta
cast.

I have also tried an Kodak IT8 software to calibrate scanners, you kan
download it from http://www.aim-dtp.net/aim/calibration/index.htm.

This software produce an ICC profile wich also fix the mangenta cast.

Per Stavnesli