[filmscanners] RE: Making contact sheets on a flatbed scanner

Hi,

I use an Epson 836XL tabloid scanner for making contact sheets.  It's 800
SPI, and you do not need to reverse anything, it has a negative setting.  It
makes fine contact sheets.  Only issues are at 800 SPI the files are quite
large, and the disk fills up quite fast...so you really need to either have
lots of hard disk space, of have the facilities to store the files on
another media if you want to save them electronically.

Make sure the scanner you select has a transparency area large enough for
your needs, which is why I went with a tabloid size scanner.

Regards,

Austin