[filmscanners] RE: Noise in scans using Canon FS4000

I only use the FS4000 with Vuescan, and am very happy with this combo. It is
way faster than Canon's s/w (named FilmGet, I guess) and quality is
definitely better, but I couldn't tell about differences with noise (I
dropped FilmGet very soon and don't remember about how noisy it was with
respect to Vuescan).
Keep in mind that I only scan B&W film, so thing might be different with
color negatives or chromes.

Alessandro Pardi