[filmscanners] Re: OT: Choosing a high End CRT

At 05:17 28/02/2002 -0800, Art wrote:
>Out of interest, since you seem to have a good deal of experience,
>electronic products from which countries would you suggest are of
>overall poorer quality at this time?

You can not generalise on this.  One country could have both the best and
the worst plants.  The only generalisation I would give is that bigger is
normally better.  Bear in mind that this applies to the company
manufacturing the product, not the company who designs or sells it.

Products from the same company can differ vastly in design and build
quality.  I have both Siemens GSM and DECT phones.  You would not belive
that they come from the same companies.  Ditto my Sony TV and VCR.

Bear in mind that the company selling the product may well contract it out
to one or more multi-national, contract electronics manufacturers.  They in
turn will move production around the globe to where they can make it
cheapest.  The result is that a single model of PC could have a mother
board made in any of six countries from three continents.

As this is an OT digression of an originally OT topic, we had better end
this here.

Regards,

Mike Bloor