[filmscanners] Re: Colormatching with Canon S820/S900

Gentlemen, I believed I've not been clear.  It seems you've missed my point.
I use both Vuescan and NikonScan 3.  My scans aren't the problem.  They look
good on my calibrated monitor.

My difficulty was getting them to print on my Epson 2000P with colors that
matched the way they looked on my monitor.  I tried Epson's color profile, a
variety of other "special" profiles, and a semi-custom profile.  Then I
tried one of the better custom profile maker software packages and still
what I saw on my calibrated monitor did not match what printed.  Finally,
with advice from this group, I manually tweaked the printer driver settings.
After a couple hundred hours, and at least as many sample prints,  I finally
got my Epson 2000P to match my calibrated monitor.

Now I'm wondering if anyone has tried the new Canon printers and if the
color matching is any better than Epson's.  I'd like to buy a new Canon
S9000, but I don't want to invest another 200 hours getting it to print
correctly.

Thanks for your input.

Bob Kehl