[filmscanners] Re: Where can I actually *buy* an Nikon 8000ED?

Julian Vrieslander wrote:

[...]
> Note that NikonScan 3 does have Unsharp Mask (USM) available as an option
> independent of the digital ICE functions.  The params are similar to
> those provided in Photoshop.

But is only active in conjunction with Nikon Color Management!
As soon the NCM if off, they disable the sharpen filter as well.
Well, that would have to be explained...

The valuable property of this filter its adjustable threshold
and separate setup per color channel.

Thomas.