[filmscanners] Re: 35mm CCD's (was Nikon D100)

So, let me get this right: if you want to be close to your 18" Lcd screen,
it would be a good thing to have VERY big eyes or eyes VERY far apart (tears
running down you ears)! :-)

Alternatively, a screen with very big viewing angles - or move further away.

Can't you have a progressive amplification of the CCD's sensor signals
toward the edges - depending on the focal length of the lens used? It should
not be such a difficult thing to implement.. As far as I know (no personal
experience in CCD design, though) amplification is used going from say, 100
to 200 asa "speed" of the CCD sensors.

Preben

>Fortunately, it's not that magic. Look at the cross >section drawings.
>The back element is wider and closer to the sensor and the rays are
more parallel at the exit of the lens. This should indeed prevent
light falloff on the corner of the sensor and the necessary analog
correction for this effect.

http://e-20n.olympus.com/
http://e-20n.olympus.com/E-20%20Lens%20Story.pdf

The problem is similar to the reason of the light fall off in the corners
of large LCD screens. With 18" screen for example, the angle between your
eyes and the corners may be already as much as 15-18 deg.

Thomas.