[filmscanners] Grain from negs with Multi Pro

  • To: lexa@www.lexa.ru
  • Subject: [filmscanners] Grain from negs with Multi Pro
  • From: "Tomek Zakrzewski" <tomzakrz@ka.onet.pl>
  • Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2002 22:04:50 +0100

Minolta Mulri Pro is said to give pronounced grain from neg scans.
My question is whether the results are worse than with Nikon LS-8000ED or
Polaroid SS120.
If there is a difference, is it caused by hardware related problems or
rather is it software which is responsible for bad effects with grain from
negatives?
If you used the same software, i.e. VueScan with Minolta and other scanners
to make the inversion from negative to positive, would the difference be
still visible? Did anyone make such a comparison?
I simply can't undestand why should Minolta give bigger grain than Nikon if
it has a softer light source.

Regards

Tomek Zakrzewski